Wednesday 24 August 2011

me and my pet...



As far back as I can remember there have always been cats in my life. When I was growing up there were always a cat around the house and sometimes kittens too. My brother and I used to love playing with the kittens, they were so cute and cuddly. We often had dogs too, but thats another story. Later on when I got married and we bought our first house, the first thing we did was to go out and buy a kitten. Her name was Kinky! Kinky was a tortoise shell female cat and she was so lively and funny. She used to dash round the house and do cartwheels and her tail would go all kinky (hence her name). My parents lived a 10 minute walk away and when we visited them we would always take Kinky with us. My husband just used to carry her in his arms and she seemed to love it. My mum was cool with us bringing the kitten round but my dad wasn't too keen but he was ok about it in the end.

When she got bigger we had to stop taking her. Some time later we decided to get another cat to keep Kinky company so we bought a male cat, he was white with black patches and a bit grumpy so we called him "Boss". He wasn't as lively as Kinky and seemed quite lazy by comparison.
When we first bought Boss home, Kinky got a little bit jealous. I suppose it was only natural, she had been the centre of attention, getting all the fuss and now she had be unsurped by this "runty" little kitten! She looked at him with distain and sulked for days. Boss was so small and his tail was really thin like a little pigs tail. I remember I lifted his tail to look at it and he gave a great big angry meow. When he got a little older his tail did eventually become thick and bushy.

We used to have all these little cat toys, a squeaky mouse, a plastic ball etc and used to try and get Boss to chase them and play. He used to get hold of the ball in his mouth and walk around growling and after a while he got tired and went to sleep. Kinky on the other hand would chase around and play for hours on end, even when she was an older cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment